δ13C for methane (CH4) and carbon dioxide (CO2)
Picarro G2201-i Analyzer
Simultaneous measurement of carbon isotopes from both CO2 and CH4. Experience a unique carbon cycle solution.
- Only field-deployable analyzer of its kind
- Less calibration, less maintenance, no consumables
- Endures harsh environments such as mountains, oceans, forests and tundra
- Excellent precision at a fraction of the operating cost of IRMS
- Used by thousands of researchers on seven continents and in 60+ countries
Respiration, fermentation. Oxidation, reduction. Source, sink. Carbon dioxide and methane are tightly intertwined in many biological and geological systems. If you know the behavior of only one of these species, you may only know half the story. With the G2201-i, the isotopic carbon ratio in both CO2 and CH4 can be measured at the same time. Now researchers can follow carbon as it moves from source to sink.
The G2201-i brings simplicity to research. It can be running within minutes of opening the box and is small and robust, for easy transport to the field. By generating real-time results, it allows researchers to change course on the fly and get the most from a critical field campaign. The G2201-i can operate for months without user interaction. In all modes, the analyzer precisely measures CO2, H2O and CH4 concentration, which allows cross-influence of these species to be quantified and corrected, as well as eliminating the need for gas drying. Scientists using these systems have reported the highest quality data, day in and day out, with fewer calibrations than other spectral absorption-based instruments.
The analyzer can measure d13C of a wide variety of samples types with our family of sample preperation peripherals.
- Dissolved Inorganic Carbon (DIC)
- Dissolved Organic Carbon (DOC)
- Bulk materials
- Small volume gas samples
- Highly concentrated gas samples
- Closed systems
Please contact sales for more details.