Evolving ethylene oxide (EtO or EO) emissions regulations are making it increasingly complex and time-consuming to maintain efficient operations while protecting workforce and community health. Combining more than 25 years as a leading provider of precision emissions measurement and monitoring solutions with expert technicians and world-class service and support, Picarro offers comprehensive EtO emissions management solutions that enable industrial sterilization facilities to promote sustainable operations and meet current and future regulations.
Ethylene Oxide Emissions Management Solutions
Industry leaders navigate you through project management, selection of monitoring equipment, and EPA, NESHAP, OSHA, and other regulatory changes.
Supported by years of field deployments, Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy (CRDS) technology delivers 0.25 ppb lower detection limits of Ethylene Oxide in less than 2 seconds.
Picarro not only builds advanced monitoring systems, we provide complete solutions that include installation, integration, ongoing maintenance, and global support.
Powerful, secure, cloud-based software platform provides robust analysis and visualization tools, and automates reporting for EPA ERT, CEDRI, audit trails, incidents, and more.
Ethylene-Oxide-specific measurement technology is integrated into a system built with high-quality materials to ensure superior performance and durability, even in demanding industrial settings.
Knowledge of regulatory requirements such as Initial Spec Tests (ISTs) and development of site-specific QA/QC plans combined with precise, real-time monitoring and automated reporting ensure compliance.
Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS)
- The Picarro Continuous Emissions Monitoring System represents an industry leap in CEMS system design and performance.
- Novel improvements of an industry tested designed have produced a turn-key, automated system with high-quality components, designed to accurately monitor Ethylene Oxide (EtO or EO) emissions from one or more stacks and/or process ducts.
- An on-board Data Acquisition System (DAS) automatically collects, records, and reports all emissions concentration data, flow rates, system performance and calibrations.
- The Picarro CEMS is designed to meet all current and upcoming performance requirements and regulations for EO monitoring (OTM-47, PS-19, and others).
Workplace Monitoring System (WMS)
- The Picarro Workplace Monitoring System is a state-of-the-art solution designed to monitor employee exposure and safeguard operations.
- The system samples up to 25 different locations for continuous, real-time monitoring of fugitive emissions, leak detection, and process efficiency.
- It utilizes a robust multiplexing system that enables high gas flow rates, minimizes cross port contamination, and quickly reports accurate Ethylene Oxide concentrations across the entire facility.
- With automated reporting, notifications, and alarming, your workforce is protected at all times.
Fenceline Monitoring System (FMS)
- The Picarro Fenceline Monitoring System is a robust, field-deployable system designed to continuously measure low levels of Ethylene Oxide with defensible results.
- The on-board Data Acquisition System (DAS) combines fast, highly sensitive concentration data with high-frequency meteorological data for accurate source attributions.
- A modular sampling design allows for the collection of real-time data (seconds), as well as canister samples (minutes to hours). With a mobile form factor, robust environmental control, automated calibration and QA/QC steps, and cellular connectivity, the system is designed to operate continuously for months in the field.
Hear it From Our Customers
"I had received very good reports from industry contacts on the performance of the Picarro Analyser and we were blown away with the ease of use, versatility, specificity and range of accurate measurement. The low maintenance and ease of use are very welcome. The ability to get straight out of the box “real time” accurate measurements across a range of operations and varying ethylene oxide levels has enabled Steritech to optimise the performance of our 2 thermal oxidizer waste treatment units, confirm area monitoring of warehouses at low parts per billion levels, monitor heated aeration rooms with a range of less than 1ppm to close to 100ppm.
We are currently using the Analyser with great success to help commission a new Catalytic Abatement Plant (CAP) at another of our facilities.
We now have a tool that will enable optimisation of processes and data that will allow Steritech to stay ahead of the curve in the control, monitoring and operation of our ethylene oxide processing facilities.
We look forward to an ongoing relationship and adding more units across our plants."
Top Companies Prefer Picarro
“We are currently using the Analyser with great success to help commission a new Catalytic Abatement Plant (CAP) at another of our facilities.”John IrwinNSW General Manager“We are confident that our partnership will help sterilization facilities operate more safely and sustainably.”Jan S. HjortCEO of LESNI A/S“By incorporating Picarro's advanced emissions management solutions into our plants, we can provide our clients with the best possible safety and compliance solutions while minimizing the environmental impact of their operations.”Jordi SerratCorporate Product and Technology Director