FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Picarro offices closed but staff is still available to support our customers and partners
Santa Clara, CA, March 19, 2020 — Picarro Inc., has issued the following communication in response to the challenges raised by the COVID-19 epidemic:
In compliance with various government directives and advisories, Picarro has temporarily closed our offices in California and Europe until at least April 7, 2020, but our team is still available and committed to supporting our user community as described below.
Picarro has implemented the following measures:
- All manufacturing, shipping and receiving operations have been suspended. This includes shipments for analyzers and spare parts, including items purchased online through the Picarro Web Store.
- All sales, marketing and administrative functions remain operational. Staff is working from home. Our application scientists and salespeople remain available to discuss your upcoming projects and technical needs.
- Support functions remain operational and support levels remain intact – emails and phones calls will be replied to per normal standard. As a reminder, the Picarro Support team can often provide solutions via our Remote Access capabilities. To submit a support ticket, please email [email protected] or complete the form available at https://www.picarro.com/support/caseform.
- No repair work is being performed and we are not currently issuing RMAs (Return Merchandise Authorization). As the shipping department has ceased operation, any shipments will be returned at customer expense. Please do not send shipments at this time, even if you already have an RMA open.
- Sales is continuing to take orders and responding to quote and information requests.
We regret that these necessary measures will have an impact on planned deliveries of goods and services to our customers. We recognize that many of you have science campaigns underway with Picarro analyzers that you are planning to buy. When shipping recommences, we will process requests in the order received. Please contact your Picarro salesperson, local partner, or [email protected] to discuss any specific situations or hardships.
For our Semiconductor customers awaiting shipments for Picarro Semi systems or analyzers, we are reviewing open orders and will contact you regarding the details of when Picarro manufacturing will be able to start shipping once again. For urgent situations, please contact your salesperson and we will review and ascertain what we are able to do within the constraints that we must work under at this time.
As you certainly realize, the COVID-19 situation is uncertain, and it is possible that this three-week office closure may be extended. We will continue to actively monitor global developments and the guidance from government and public health authorities to inform our decision about when and how best to resume full operations.
If you have any questions or support needs that require our attention, please email us at [email protected].
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate these uncertain times together. We take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued support.
For more information on Picarro’s portfolio of gas analyzer solutions, visit www.picarro.com.
Picarro is a leading provider of solutions to measure greenhouse gas (GHG) concentrations, trace gases and stable isotopes across many scientific applications. Our portfolio of gas analyzers and systems enables scientists around the world to measure GHGs, trace gases and stable isotopes found in the air we breathe, water we drink and land we harvest. Picarro’s industrial solutions range from mobile leak detection technology for utilities companies to trace gas analysis for semiconductor fabrication and pharmaceuticals isolators. Our patented Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy (CRDS) is at the heart of all Picarro instruments, enabling the detection of target molecules at parts per billion or better resolution.
Director, Marketing Communications