Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy (CRDS)
Applications requiring trace gas analysis include environmental monitoring, emissions monitoring, greener automotive engine development, semiconductor fabs, cleanroom technology and bio-pharmaceutical process monitoring. All these applications can benefit from a turnkey analyzer that provides real-time speed, high precision and sensitivity to parts per billion and beyond. And, from a practical standpoint, the ideal trace gas analyzer requires minimal or no sample preparation or dilution, and is contained in a rugged, compact platform with low operating costs. Specifically, the latter means no need for a trained technician and, optimally, the capability for remote, unmanned operation.
CRDS is the first trace-gas analysis instrumentation to meet all these needs, and it can even provide isotope ratios for environmental and biomedical applications. Just as important, the same Picarro CRDS analyzers can be used as unmanned remote monitors, industrial process sensors, and reference laboratory instruments, greatly simplifying transfer of standards and protocols. And the extraordinary low drift of these instruments means they can operate for months without recalibration in most applications.
- Superb sensitivity, precision & accuracy with virtually no drift
- Fast, continuous, real-time measurements without interference
- Large dynamic range with high linearity
- Field and laboratory deployable with no consumables
- Installed and operational in minutes
- Rugged and insensitive to changes in ambient temperature, pressure or vibration