Continuous Water Sampler
The first commercially-available device for real-time continuous analysis of δ18O and δ2H in liquid water.
- No discrete sampling required. Pump directly from your water source – in a boat, on a river, from a rain collector.
- Continuously monitor real-time changes in water isotopes using a simple, automated solution coupled to a Picarro L2130-i.
- Probe estuary mixing, large-scale precipitation events, ocean dynamics and more.
- Automated switching from samples to standards for calibration.
- Quick and easy field deployment.
At the heart of the Picarro Continuous Water Sampler (CWS) is a porous membrane that enables diffusive sampling of water isotopes. By tightly controlling the physical factors that affect fractionation of liquid to vapor across a membrane, the CWS, when coupled to a Picarro L2130-i, achieves stable and repeatable results from an automated analysis system. Measure water isotopes continuously in estuaries, streams, on ocean transects and more! Not yet available in Europe.
A0217 Related Publications
- Continuous analysis of δ18O and δD values of water by diffusion sampling cavity ring-down spectrometry: a novel sampling device for unattended field monitoring of precipitation, ground and surface waters
- Continuous in situ measurements of stable isotopes in liquid water
- Extreme Short-Term Stable Isotope Variability Revealed by Continuous Rainwater Analysis
- First continuous shipboard d18O and dD measurements in sea water by diffusion sampling—cavity ring-down spectrometry
- ISO-CADICA: Isotopic – continuous, automated dissolved inorganic carbon analyzer