δ13C for carbon dioxide (CO2)
Picarro G2131-i Analyzer
From ice caves in Greenland, to bat caves in Costa Rica, to the African Savanna: get high-precision measurements as good as IRMS—anywhere, anytime.
- <0.1‰ precision, <0.5‰ drift for δ13C in CO2: field specs as good as expensive, lab-bound continuous flow IRMS systems
- Weighs <26kg, passes military shock and vibration test standards
- Less hassle than IRMS. 10X less frequent calibrations, 10X less maintenance, no consumables
- Measures CH4 concentration to capture more carbon cycle dynamics
- Endures harsh environments such as mountains, oceans, forests and tundra
The G2131-i provides the ultimate combination of precision, ruggedness and ease of use. With guaranteed precision <0.1‰ and long-term drift <0.5‰, the G2131-i offers comparable performance to continuous flow IRMS in a rugged, mobile platform. Now researchers can go anywhere in the world and make high-precision measurements of isotopic ratios to understand the detailed biological and geological mechanisms that produce and consume CO2.
Scientists on campaign get immediate, high-precision results without hauling samples back to the lab. Use data immediately to conduct new experiments and pursue the most interesting and valuable results. An Internet connection enables remote control and automatic data download. Picarro analyzers have been field-tested in hundreds of locations and are used by thousands of scientists around the globe.
The analyzer can measure d13C of a wide variety of samples types with our family of sample preperation peripherals.
- Dissolved Inorganic Carbon (DIC)
- Dissolved Organic Carbon (DOC)
- Bulk materials
- Small volume gas samples
- Highly concentrated gas samples
- Closed systems
Please contact sales for more details.