Measure water (H2O) isotopes in solids, liquids and vapor
Choose from our complete portfolio of precise, go-anywhere analyzers and take your research to another level.
NEW Picarro L2140-i Analyzer
High-precision triple oxygen isotope research in water is finally simple and affordable.
Enhance your understanding of present day climate and reconstruct climates of the past by measuring triple oxygen isotopes and hydrogen isotopes in water.
- Simultaneous measurement of δ18O, δ17O, δD and 17O-excess in liquids and vapor
- Push-button simplicity and ease
- Average to better than 15 per meg precision on 17O-excess for 1 hour vapor measurements
- Repeat measurements of liquids demonstrate 15 per meg precision on 17O-excess
Picarro L2130-i Analyzer
Our most popular water isotope analyzer for δ18O and δD, in the lab or in the field.
- Make highly precise measurements of δ18O (guaranteed at 0.025‰) and δD (guaranteed at 0.1‰) with minimal drift
- Providing the flexibility and freedom to measure liquids, vapor and solids
- Rigorous in-house testing ensures the L2130-i meets, and beats, specifications
- Ideal for hydrological applications
- Measure isotopes in precipitation, ground water and surface water
Picarro Water Peripherals
Seamlessly integrate your analyzer with any of our peripherals.
- For liquids: Easy sample handling for discrete liquid waters, contaminated waters, or continuously flowing water. Picarro’s solution can fit all your liquid water needs with a discrete injection vaporizer and autosampler, our Micro Combustion Module for contaminated waters, or our new Continuous Water Sampler for real-time, continuous analysis of δ18O and δ2H in flowing water.
- For vapor: High dynamic range and high precision, even in dry conditions. Our two-standard SDM is designed for un-attended field calibration of ambient vapor measurements. Or use an autosampler with dual mode for switching between liquid and vapor analysis.
- For solids: Extract and measure matrix-bound water with the Picarro Induction Module. Designed for solid materials and liquids with high total dissolved solids, such as plant leaves, stems, juices and tissues, the IM extracts water and removes contamination using Picarro’s Micro Combustion Cartridge technology in a simple, single-step process.
NEW Picarro Continuous Water Sampler: the first commercially-available device for real-time, continuous analysis of δ18O and δ2H in liquid water!
- L2140-i Datasheet
- L2140 Presentation
- Why 17O-excess?
- L2130-i Datasheet
- Ultra High-Precision Isotopic Water Analysis
- Continuous Water Sampler
- High-Precision Vaporizer
- Standards Delivery Module
- Micro-Combustion Module
- IM-CRDS System
- A trip on the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta with USGS
- Using stable isotopes of water for water use efficiency in agriculture
- Crowd-sourced isotope study of Superstorm Sandy
- A trip to Paris is never a bad thing…
- Per Meg, Anyone?
- Chilean Water Vapor Isotope Diary
- Water Isotopes Leave Fingerprints for Climate Scientists