Measure water (H2O) isotopes in solids, liquids and vapor
Picarro L2130-i Analyzer
Isotopic precision ≤25 per meg for δ18O.
- First laser instrument to achieve per meg precision range (typical analyzers measure at 11 per meg for δ18O and 38 per meg for δD)
- High stability allows maximum precision gains by data averaging (down to <10 per meg for δ18O) or sub per mil accuracy with once daily calibration
- For Solids: extract and measure water with our patent-pending Induction Module, including Micro-Pyrolysis Technology
- For Liquids: Automated sample handling with vaporizers, autosampler, and Micro-Pyrolysis Module to remove interfering organic compounds from plant extracts
- For Vapor: High dynamic range and high precision even under dry conditions. Two-standard calibration system with multiplexed sampling for field measurements
The L2130-i provides both δ18O and δD stable isotope ratios at the highest precision levels of any analyzer. It offers enhanced sensitivity, increased sample throughput and reduced calibration frequency for a range of research applications, including paleoclimatology, water vapor source tracking, hydrologic mapping and oceanography.
The analyzer integrates seamlessly with Picarro's exclusive suite of peripherals, including the Induction Module for rapid (<5 min) water extraction and analysis from solid samples; High-Throughput and High-Precision Vaporizers and Autosamplers for measurement of liquid water; and the Standards Delivery Module for delivering multiple liquid standards for calibration and switching between different sources for atmospheric vapor measurements. The instrument can be easily reconfigured to measure different sample types in a matter of minutes, simply by switching accessories and associated software modes. No recalibration is required.
The L2130-i analyzer is a compact and lightweight (20 kg) package with closed-loop temperature and pressure control that enables extreme performance in the laboratory in addition to robustness under field conditions. For researchers, it delivers a best-in-class combination of flexibility, speed, precision and ease of use for water isotope analyzers.